ABOUT THIS COURSE
Design exquisite home interiors without leaving yours! Interior design is a stimulating and rewarding profession. It challenges your creativity, ingenuity, practicality and inspiration. It’s also great fun! Interior designers were once used only by the very wealthy. Now, interior design, particularly in the area of home styling, is widely sought after. People have busy lives and are prepared to incorporate the cost of a designer into home projects so they achieve an outstanding finish that’s professional & individual and get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Pleasing aesthetics, functional design, sustainability
Working through the layers and steps of interior design and home styling, this course will help develop your creative process so you make aesthetically pleasing design choices that fulfil your clients’ functional and personal design requirements. We guide you on how to visually communicate your ideas to your client.
We introduce you to the progressive approach of seeking sustainable and health enhancing styling. You’ll also get guidance on managing your interior design business in a professional way.
In your own space and time, develop the skills to come up with great interior solutions and concepts that manifest in elegant, stunning home styling. Begin your online interior design styling training with the IOA today.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Fundamentals, concepts & practical implementation of interior styling in this IOA Interior Design & Home Styling course, immerse yourself in the fundamentals, design concepts and practical implementation of this area of interior design. Learn:
- How to analyze a space for design
- What elements to consider first?
- What to take into account when choosing design features
- How to working with practical building features and utilities
- How to use a space & flow chart to plan your project
Once you’ve learned the design principles, created the structure to your project and formulated a design concept, it’s time to move on to the more fun elements of interior design.
We’ll take you through:
- Balancing space and function with style
- Choosing harmonizing/contrasting or feature materials for floors and walls
- Blending lighting with your overall design concept
- Using a color wheel to choose winning color combinations
- Choosing fabrics, textures & patterns that please clients senses